Safe2Tell Colorado relies on key relationships with local law enforcement agencies, school resource officers and emergency responders to respond to critical, life-saving tips.
Following is a brief overview of how the Safe2Tell Colorado bystander tipline operates:
- Students, parents, teachers, community members can call a toll-free anonymous tipline - 1-877-542-SAFE - and give a trained professional call taker their information, submit their concern in an anonymous online web report, or upload their concern anonymously through a mobile app.
- Calls, web and mobile app reports are answered 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year at the Colorado State Patrol communications center.
- The caller is given a code number and password to preserve their anonymity.
- Caller id, web tracking and other means of identifying the reporter are not used.
- Information is forwarded to a team of proper officials, whether it’s the school, law enforcement, or both, who will respond to the concern or threat.
- All valid information received through Safe2Tell Colorado is forwarded for investigation, to law enforcement, schools, or both, as the severity of the situation dictates.
- Safe2Tell Colorado tracks the outcome of all forwarded tips through required disposition reporting.